Fogging vs Misting: Know the Difference
Various techniques can be used in pest control, and it is crucial to understand which are suited for the type of infestation to be treated.
Misting & fogging are often perceived as the same however, there exist differences in the size of the droplets and temperature for each method.
Differences between Misting & Fogging
- Droplet size ± 200 microns
- Droplets fall to the floor leaving a wet film/residual on the surface
- Applied through ULV
- Cold application
- Suited for crawling insects
- Droplet size ± 10 microns
- Droplets are small and remain dispersed in the air
- Applied through thermal foggers
- Heated application
- Suited for flying insects
Ecowize pest control division specialises in both misting and fogging. Contact us for an assessment of your facility and more information on which techniques are suited for your pest control issues. contact us